Friday, July 8, 2011

Talandra's Rose Flatbread

I have been an herbalist at heart for as long as I can remember.  I have always found herbs fascinating.  When I was twelve I started my own herb garden growing things like mint and lavender, parsley and basil.  So naturally when I started playing WoW I had my first professions practically handed to me on a silver platter with my freaking name on it.  Herbalism and the accompanying Alchemy.  I loved creating potions and elixirs from the various herbs found around the map in game.  However I was not terribly found of having to find the herbs.  Wouldn't it be so much easier to just grow an herb garden like IRL?  Or even go down to the grocery store and buy them dried in a bottle on a shelf?  Alas, this may not be an option available in game, but it is one for your kitchen IRL.  Today I present you with one of my favorite appetizers, Talandra's Rose Flatbread.




Talandra's Rose Flatbread
4 Servings | Total Time: 5 Minutes | Apprentice

Mats:
  • 1 10-ounce fully baked thin pizza crust (such as Boboli)
  • 1 Tbl Extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 tsp minced fresh rosemary
  • 1/4 tsp Sea salt
  • 1/4 tsp Pepper
Craft: While barbecue is heating to medium or oven is heating to 400° brush 1 side of pizza crust round with oil, then sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, sea salt, and pepper. Place on grill or in oven, seasoned side down. Brush top with oil, then sprinkle with remaining rosemary, sea salt, and pepper. Cook until just golden, about 2 minutes per side on the grill or 6 minutes in the oven. Cut pizzas into wedges and serve.

Strategies: You can make this with your own home made pizza dough and adding a little sprinkle of mozzarella cheese.  Also try changing out the herb to basil or oregano or a combination of your favorites.

Cost:
  • Pizza Crust | $5.00
Total Cost: $5.00
Cost Per Serving: $1.25 
*This meal contains staple items such as spices that you may or may not have in your pantry so your price may vary.

Categories: Troll Fuel, Snackage, Expansions, Raid Night, Critical Hits

No comments:

Post a Comment