Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tatooine Pasta

I am super excited to play SWTOR, and involve myself in the Star Wars Galaxy.  You see, I am very much a fantasy type person.  I am into dragons and castles and mages and all of that awesome stuff that WoW has.  Sci-Fi really isn't my thing, but I grew up on Star Wars and Star Trek.  I have a link with them that goes further back than even my having played Warcraft 1.  I have been watching Star Wars since the dawn of my time.  There is going to be so much cool lore to immerse myself in as well. Take for instance, the famous planet of Tatooine.  Everybody knows and loves Tatooine, the home planet of Anakin Skywalker and his more righteous children Luke and Leia.  It is a dry desert planet with nearly no vegetation, but it has been in every Star Wars movie and is the most iconic of the planets.  Reminiscing about this planet led me to crave a certain dish that reminds me of hot weather and the need for something to spice up the day. 


Tatooine Pasta
6 Servings | Total Time: 45 Minutes | Apprentice

Mats:
  • 1 lb cooked chicken or ground beef
  • 1 pkg taco seasoning
  • 2 cups Ranch Dressing
  • 1/4 cup chopped Onion
  • 1 can Kidney or Pinto Beans, drained
  • 1 can Corn, drained
  • 1 cup cheese, shredded or cubed
  • 8 oz Bowtie Pasta
Craft: Cook pasta according to package directions. If your meat is not cooked, do so now. Drain pasta and run under cold water to cool. Cool meat as well if necessary. Combine all ingredients together and mix well.

Strategies: You can add any vegetable to this that you would like, it is versatile that way. :)

LFM: Serve with a side of Nacho Dorritos and use them as your 'utensil' for best results.  You can try Ranch Dorritos but they don't add the same flavor that Nacho does.

Cost:
  • Meat | $1.99
  • Taco Seasoning | $0.99
  • Beans | $0.59
  • Corn | $0.59
  • Cheese | $1.50
  • Pasta | $0.98
Total Cost: $6.64
Cost Per Serving: $1.11

Categories: Casual

No comments:

Post a Comment