Monday, February 27, 2012

Loaded Farmville Hash Browns

Horses and cows and watermelon and corn! Acres and acres of land, plotted out to my specific desire! .....oh my!

What have I gotten myself into. I'm pretty good at staying away from the short, repetitive, addicting games. You know, games like Plants vs Zombies and Bejeweled and facebook games. I treat myself to one every once in a while but I have to be careful. They are addicting! That's not a bad thing if you...say...own stock in the company that made the game. But I don't! I know myself too well by now to think that I can stay away from the siren's call of every little popular game that catches my eye.

So, after years of avoiding it, I loaded up Farmville on my fb account. What have I done!! Now I'm spending at least an hour every day trying to beat the unbeatable game! But I can't help it! I must have more! More animals! More produce! And I want to figure out how to make a cool design out of plots...


Anyway! I am shamed to have fallen into the trap...again....(when will I learn!) but at least it's gotten me thinking about farm foods and all the delicious and nutritious things you can do with them!


Loaded Farmville Hash Browns

4 Servings | Total Time: 15 min | Journeyman

Mats:
  • 1 large Potato, diced small
  • 1 cup Spinach, diced
  • 1/2 medium Red Bell Pepper, minced
  • 3 Green Onions, diced
  • 4 Bacon Slices
  • 1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
  • 1 Tbl Parsley, minced
  • 2 Tbl Sour Cream
  • 1 tsp Garlic Salt
  • Butter
Craft: Cook bacon in a large pan over medium heat. When cooked, set aside. Add a little butter (more if needed) to the bacon grease and scrape up the browned bits. Add potatoes, garlic salt and parsley. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add bell pepper and cook 5 minutes more or until potatoes are fully cooked and crispy. Serve over a bed of diced spinach and top with crumbled bacon, cheese, and sour cream.

Strategies: You make this into a hearty hash by adding any veggies you'd like. Just make sure they're diced small so they all cook evenly. Try onions, mushrooms, zucchini and/or celery.

LFM: Serve with eggs and fresh fruit.
Cost:
  • Potato | $1.00
  • Spinach | $1.00
  • Red Bell Pepper | $2.00
  • Green Onions | $1.00
  • Bacon Slices | $2.50
  • Shredded Cheddar Cheese | $2.50
Total Cost: $10.00
Cost Per Serving: $2.50

Category: Expansions

*This meal contains staple items such as spices that you may or may not have in your pantry so your cost may vary.

No comments:

Post a Comment