Friday, June 24, 2011

Cairne Asada Salad

"We're allied with the Tauren? Fantastic! We'll be having steak twice a week." This /silly is epic!  The first time I heard it I lol'd and almost rofl'd.  Though rofling takes a lot more effort than loling, and would include actually rolling on the floor, which I don't do because I am an adult.  But it was hilariously funny.  I am a big meat fan myself and can't keep my mind off of all the fabulously meaty names for the Tauren.  Names like "Rumproast" and "SirLoin" and "PrimeCut" and "Angus" and "Kobe" etc.




Alas, since I am Alliance, I take any chance I get to put a Tauren on my table for dinner.  Heck, lunch and breakfast work too!  When invading Thunder Bluff last year I was fortunate enough to be able to butcher Cairne Bloodhoof and stick him in the freezer to be served on very special occasions.  The addition of his royal and well kept carcus will make any salad fit for the carnivore in you.


Cairne Asada Salad
4 Servings | Total Time: 30 Minutes | Journeyman

Mats:
  • 1 3/4 pounds beef sirloin steak
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
  • 8 cups romaine lettuce - rinsed, dried, and torn into bite-size pieces
  • 2 tomatoes, sliced
  • 1 small green bell pepper, sliced
  • 1 carrot, sliced
  • 1/2 cup sliced red onion
Craft: Cut steak into strips and cook in a wok on high for approximately 5 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness.  Remove from heat and let sit until cool enough to handle. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Mix in the cheese. Cover and place dressing in refrigerator. Onto chilled plates arrange the lettuce, tomato, pepper, onion and olives. Top with steak and drizzle with dressing.

Strategies: You can save time by using a premade salad dressing.

Cost:
  • Steak | $5.00
  • Blue Cheese | $2.59
  • Tomato | $0.99
  • Bell Pepper $0.99
  • Onion $0.63
Total Cost: $10.20
Cost Per Serving: $2.55

Category: Casual, Critical Hits, Expansions

1 comment: