Monday, June 6, 2011

Think G(r)eek Salad

One of my most favorite gamer-type-gear websites is ThinkGeek.com. So it's not surprising that I happened to come up with this particular name for this recipe as I sat down for lunch. Especially because it's a greek style salad. It's topped with delicious feta, olives and an olive oil based dressing. I also threw in some radishes and cucumbers for good measure. Salad is one of those great things that's easy to eat at the computer since you only need a fork, it doesn't get your hands messy, it's actually something healthy for you, and you can mix up different ingredients all you want to have a different salad every time!

I know you're thinking that salad isn't exactly gamer food. And I say BAH! It is for THIS gamer! I'll still be gaming when I'm 90 and beating my great-grandchildren because I decide to have some salad every once in a while in between pizza and cheetos. ~_^



Think G(r)eek Salad

4 Servings | Total Time: 5 min | Apprentice

Mats:
  • 10 Romaine Leaves
  • 8 Radishes
  • 1 Cucumber
  • 2 stalks Celery
  • 1 cup Grape/Cherry Tomatoes
  • 1 can Whole Black Olives, drained
  • 1 cup Feta Cheese
  • Olive Oil-based Salad Dressing
Craft: Chop the romaine. Peel and dice the cucumber. Dice the celery and radishes. Combine all the ingredients together in a medium bowl and drizzle with dressing.

Strategies: Italian or Ranch dressing works perfectly fine for this salad too.

LFM: This salad goes well with any meal but if you're having it by itself just have some bread!

Cost:
  • Romaine Leaves | $1.50
  • Radishes | $1.00
  • Cucumber | $1.00
  • Celery | $1.00
  • Grape Tomatoes | $2.00
  • Whole Black Olives | $1.50
  • Feta Cheese | $2.00
Total Cost: $10.00
Cost Per Serving: $2.50

Category: Raid Night, Expansions

*This meal contains staple items such as spices that you may or may not have in your pantry so your cost may vary.

No comments:

Post a Comment