Friday, May 6, 2011

Dodongo BBQ Links

Recently I've found myself a bit bored of playing World of Warcraft. I mean, come on, I've been playing it for well over six years now and I've never taken a break from it. I still log in to dabble and raid but it's just not holding my interest like it used to. This leaves me with a serious lack of something time-consuming to play.

I don't particularly want to buy any new games but I have a ton of old games I haven't touched in forever. Feeling a bit nostalgic, I started digging through my old games. I uncovered treasures like Mario 64, Age of Empires II and ye olde King's Quest I. And then I saw it. There in the bottom of my Nintendo 64 basket. It glistened gold, even under the dust. I carefully brushed it off and decided this was my next time sink. Zelda: Majora's Mask.

Probably the single most complicated Zelda game ever. It was so involving that it was easy to ignore simple trivial things like food. But I do have a husband who likes food and, like any sane person (note: not me when there's a game involved) wants to eat regularly. So I tore myself away from the game, spent the quickest 15 minutes you ever saw in the kitchen and then ran back to fight more giant, two-legged, tail-tender, fire-breathing lizards for shiny purple rupees. Have you figured out where the inspiration for the name came from? Yes? I KNEW you were a Zelda nerd too. Just admit it, it's okay. You're among friends.



Dodongo BBQ Links

2 Servings | Total Time: 15 min | Apprentice

Mats:
  • 4 Hot Dogs
  • 1 Green Bell Pepper
  • 1 Red Bell Pepper
  • 1/2 Onion
  • 1 can Peas
  • 1 Tbl Butter
  • 1 can Tomato Sauce
  • 1 Tbl Brown Sugar
  • 1 Tbl Worcestershire Sauce
  • 1 tsp Vinegar
  • 1 tsp Mustard
Craft: Chop hot dogs and bell pepper into bite sized pieces. Roughly chop onion. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper. Cook until onion is transparent. Drain peas and then add to the skillet. Add all other ingredients except hot dogs. Stir until well combined then add hot dogs. Cook on low heat for 3-5 minutes or until hot dogs are heated through.

Strategies: This is a great way to use leftover veggies. Just chop them up and add them!

LFM: You can use sausage or kielbasa instead of hot dogs.

Cost:
  • Hot Dogs | $1.00
  • Green Bell Pepper | $1.25
  • Red Bell Pepper | $1.50
  • Onion | $0.75
  • Peas | $0.50
  • Tomato Sauce | $1.00
Total Cost: $6.00
Cost Per Serving: $3.00

Category: Raid Night, Troll Fuel

*This meal contains staple items such as spices that you may or may not have in your pantry so your cost may vary.

No comments:

Post a Comment