Monday, May 9, 2011

Pasta of Awakening


Huddled in my room with four blankets and a space heater, I couldn't hear the call of summertime. Link defeated the IRL version of the Snowhead temple boss and spring came at last upon the land. But I did not know it. He trumpeted the Sonata of Awakening but I did not hear it. He let the light shine in to melt the snow but I didn't see it. He opened the windows to let in the summer breeze but I did not feel it.

But then came the food. Zucchini. Kielbasa Sausage. Tomatoes. Olives. Feta Cheese and Pasta! It was summer that I smelled! And suddenly, I could see and feel and hear! Summer was here and I could enjoy it! All thanks to the Pasta of Awakening.



Pasta of Awakening

6 Servings | Total Time: 30 min | Journeyman

Mats:
  • 2 cups Egg Noodles
  • 1 Zucchini
  • 1 cup Whole Black Olives
  • 1/2 Kielbasa Sausage
  • 1 cup Grape Tomatoes
  • 1/2 cup Feta Cheese
  • 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese
  • 2 cups Spaghetti Sauce
Craft: Cook Egg Noodles according to package instructions. Dice the zucchini and sausage. Brown the sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat. Preheat oven to 350° F. In a casserole dish mix together noodles, sausage, zucchini, olives, tomatoes, feta cheese and sauce. Bake for 20 minutes then sprinkle with cheddar cheese.

Strategies: You can add more spring/summer veggies to this pasta if you'd like.

LFM: Garlic bread goes very well with this recipe.

Cost:
  • Egg Noodles | $1.00
  • Zucchini | $1.00
  • Whole Black Olives | $1.00
  • Kielbasa Sausage | $2.00
  • Grape Tomatoes | $1.00
  • Feta Cheese | $1.00
  • Cheddar Cheese | $2.00
  • Spaghetti Sauce | $2.00
Total Cost: $11.00
Cost Per Serving: $1.84

Category: Casual

No comments:

Post a Comment