Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Steamwheedle Port's Pineapple Tilapia

I remember the first time I set foot in Steamwheedle Port.

I was level 38 and I thought I was so clever. Normally, as Alliance, to get to Tanaris you used to have to go to Theramore, travel on foot to the Barrens, go south until you hit Thousand Needles, dodge the Horde guards at the Lift, head northwest to grab the Feralas flight point then go east and south through the Shimmering Flats until you finally hit Tanaris. A good two hour run if you didn't die. (In my day, you didn't get a mount to ride until 40. Spoiled whipper-snappers these days.)

For me, that's waaaay too round about. Just ask my husband how obsessive I can be about efficient travel and questing. I'm on a mission when I go to the grocery store! I beat myself up if I have to go back to an isle that we've already been to because I missed something on the list. Well, I'm the same way in game. Efficiency is the way to play. The 'normal' 2 hour route to Tanaris was just too long for my taste. So I jumped off the docks in Theramore and swam south along the mountains and coastline.

The first time I died because apparently there are level 50 elite sharks in the water. The second time I was careful to stay on land as much as possible until I was out of Dustwallow Marsh. I was quite pleased with myself! It only took me 30 minutes to reach Steamwheedle Port on the coast of Tanaris. After seeing nothing but blank mountainsides and sharks for the past half hour it was a glorious oasis with it's pineapple wallpaper buildings and fishing dock.

*sniffle* Alas, I shall never see it's beauty again. The Cataclysm's great tidal waves sank Steamwheedle Port to the bottom of the ocean. But I will always remember the good times when I eat this fish and pineapple meal. I dedicate it to you, Steamwheedle Port.

Curse you Deathwing!



Steamwheedle Port's Pineapple Tilapia

4 Servings | Total Time: 50 min | Journeyman

Mats:
  • 4 Tilapia Fillets
  • 1 cup White Rice, uncooked
  • 2 cups Chicken Broth
  • 1/4 cup Lime Juice
  • 1/4 cup Cilantro fresh chopped or 2 Tbl dry
  • 2 Tbl Olive Oil
  • 2 Tbl Garlic, minced
  • 1 cup Salsa
  • 1 can Black Beans
  • 1 can Pineapple Chunks
  • Satl & Pepper
Craft: In a medium pot with lid, combine rice and chicken broth. Bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large shallow dish whisk together lime juice, half the Cilantro, olive oil, garlic and desired amount of salt and pepper. Place the tilapia in the marinade, turning to coat. Refrigerate for 20 minutes, turning fillets occasionally. Drain and rinse the black beans. Drain the pineapple. When rice is finished, preheat oven to 400° F. Stir together cooked rice, salsa, black beans, pineapple and remaining cilantro. Spread rice mixture in the bottom of a baking dish. Place Tilapia fillets on top and pour marinade over the fillets. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until fish is cooked through.

Strategies: Add hot sauce or use a spicy salsa for more heat. This dish is especially delicious if you use fresh pineapple instead of canned but will take longer to prepare.

Cost:
  • Tilapia Fillets | $4.00
  • White Rice | $0.50
  • Chicken Broth | $1.50
  • Salsa | $2.00
  • Black Beans | $0.50
  • Pineapple Chunks | $1.00
Total Cost: $9.50
Cost Per Serving: $2.38

Category: Casual

*This meal contains staple items such as spices that you may or may not have in your pantry so your cost may vary.

No comments:

Post a Comment