Monday, January 9, 2012

Kira Carsen's Chickpea Paddys



SWTOR Knight Spoiler Warning! Proceed directly to recipe and skip the story if you're not level 35 yet and don't want the storyline spoiled for you!

When you first acquire a companion you think, how neat, how handy! Go, my minion and do my bidding and get my slicing up to 400 in the first week and make me lots of credits! But as you get higher level, your companions start to become more involved in your storyline. You find out things about them that you never even suspected. LIKE YOUR PADAWAN IS A FREAKIN' SITH!

Kira Carsen was born sith and ran away. She was caught trying to steal from a Jedi Master who sensed the force in her and decided to train her. Later she becomes your padawan. She was amsuing to me. Snarky but insightful. Always has something to say in battle like "Eat lightsaber, jerk!" Her attitude and take on life actually reminds me of the very few people I know who are vegans. So I thought to myself, what if Kira was a vegetarian and I never knew! What would she eat?

This is my take on a Kira Carsen-esque vegetarian recipe. So in a roundabout way I decided to name these chickpea paddys after my pattywan! (hyuck, hyuck) I didn't intend for it to be vegetarian when I started to make them up but they just turned out that way. This is one of those recipes where I went through my fridge, grabbed random things that needed to be used or sounded good, threw them in the food processor and fried them. They were really delish, especially with ranch dressing for sauce.



Kira Carsen's Chickpea Paddys

4 Servings | Total Time: 15 min | Apprentice

Mats:
  • 1 can Chickpeas
  • 2 Garlic cloves
  • 1/2 Lemon, peeled, seeded
  • 1/4 Onion
  • 4 Mushrooms
  • 1 cup Spinach
  • 1/4 tsp Oregano
  • 1/4 tsp Thyme
  • 1/4 tsp Basil
  • 1/4 tsp Cumin
  • 3 Eggs
  • 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
  • 2 Tbl Butter
  • 2 Tbl Ranch Dressing
  • Kitchen Weapon Proficiency: Food Processor
Craft: Add all ingredients except egg, butter, breadcrumbs and ranch to a food processor and pulse until well minced. Transfer the mixture to a bowl, add egg and breadcrumbs then mix well. Melt 1 Tbl of butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Form patties from the mixture and gently fry until golden brown on each side. Repeat, using more butter to grease the pan as needed. Serve with Ranch Dressing for sauce.

Strategies: Keep a close eye on these so they don't burn and turn them carefully so they don't fall apart.

LFM: Serve with dipping veggies like celery, carrots, tomatoes and bell peppers and extra ranch dressing.

Cost:
  • Chickpeas | $0.50
  • Mushrooms | $1.00
  • Spinach | $2.00
  • Eggs | $1.50
Total Cost: $5.00
Cost Per Serving: $1.25

Category: Troll Fuel, Raid Night

*This meal contains staple items such as spices that you may or may not have in your pantry so your cost may vary.

1 comment:

  1. I think I would like this...it'd be good a lot of different ways. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete