Saturday, April 16, 2011

Roasted Rum Tum Tuber Salad

Are you a pack rat? I am. My character's bank is stuffed to the brim of random items that 'might' come in handy 'someday'. Or hard-earned one-time-use quest rewards that I've just been waiting for that 'right moment' to use. Or all the random clothing items and rewards from doing Holiday events. I mean you can only get those once a year! I can't throw them out!

But sometimes I must admit that I need some bank space. Some stuff has got to go. So on occasion I will do a bank purge, getting rid of some items, keeping others but generally trying to end up with at least 1-2 bags in my bank empty. During one such purge I came across an item I had somehow missed during previous purges. We're talking a classic WoW item here people. I was surprised it wasn't sprouting and multiplying in my bank!

They were Rum Tum Tubers from Dire Maul. I ran it only a few times back in the day. I was much more interested in Strat or Scholo groups. But on one of those occasions I must have picked up these tubers and stuck em in the bank for the day when I won the recipe to cook them.

Well I've got a recipe now! Let's cook!



Roasted Rum Tum Tuber Salad

4 Servings | Total Time: 45 min | Journeyman

Mats:
  • 6 Red Potatoes
  • 1 tsp Rosemary
  • 1/4 tsp Salt
  • 1/4 tsp Pepper
  • 2 Tbl Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1/4 cup White Cooking Wine
  • 1/4 cup Mayo
  • 1/4 cup Milk
  • 2 tsp Parsley, chopped
  • 2 tsp Garlic Powder
  • 2 tsp Onion Powder
  • 1 Tbl Grated Parmesan
Craft: Preheat oven to 400° F. Poke a couple holes in the potatoes and microwave each for 2 minutes. Dice them into roughly 1" cubes. In a bowl, toss the potatoes with rosemary, salt, pepper and olive oil. Spread the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake them for 25-35 minutes or until they are soft and as crispy as you desire. In a bowl, mix together white wine, mayo, milk, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder and parmesan. When potatoes are done, toss in the sauce and serve warm or cold.

Strategies: If you're serving this cold, try dicing up some boiled eggs and celery and adding them to the potatoes.

Cost:
  • Red Potatoes | $2.00
  • Mayo | $1.50
  • Grated Parmesan | $1.50
Total Cost: $4.00
Cost Per Serving: $1.25

Category: Expansions

*This meal contains staple items such as spices that you may or may not have in your pantry so your cost may vary.

1 comment: