Friday, February 18, 2011

A Little Sidetrack Adventure

So we all know that potatoes can be prepared many different ways. You can bake them, boil them, mash them, slice them, fry them, shred them and instant them. But nothing, and I repeat, NOTHING beats launching them. That's right ladies and gentlemen, I said launching them. My friend from ecwrites.blogspot.com and I made Spud Guns for our spouses for Valentine's Day, but since they work out of town, we had to take them out and test these suckers out for ourselves. This is the result.



We did get them to fire, but they are extremely finicky about the fuel/air mixture and it wasn't as easy as all of those other YouTube videos make it look! I know, go ahead and laugh, it was super fun though!

8 comments:

  1. Following back. Thanks for the follow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by, I am followin gback from the blog hop. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, great video!! You looked cold that's for sure! I am stopping back and following on the Friday Blog Hop. Everything looks so yummy!! I loved the island pig my hubby is a pork fanatic as well so I should try making that one for him. Have a great weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I'm a gamer at heart with a couple MMOs under my belt. Haven't gotten to utilize my D&D books though... I've been AFK due to pregnancy and now new baby.

    I was part of a blog previously that was all about recipes based off WoW items.

    I can't wait til my daughter is old enough for chores n such..we're going to base it on a leveling system :D

    Thanks for visiting - following you back!
    ~Darcy @ Tales From the Nursery~
    www.darcyandbrian.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops forgot to add that our WoW/gaming blog is still up...just not getting the TLC it did the first year - www.sideshowandsyrana.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for commenting on my blog! I'm now following yours! I agree that a potato launcher is GREAT!! I have 5 sons and they all love them. We go through A LOT of potatoes! You have a fun blog to read!! I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete