Friday, February 18, 2011

Pandaren Noodles


Seafood wasn't really my thing. Didn't have it very much growing up and never cared for it when I flew the coop. But after marriage I discovered that my husband really liked fishy things so I decided to give it a try. You gotta make what the hubby wants! Quickest way to a man's heart is through his stomach amirite?

Well seafood has grown on me over the years. But of all the seafood things I've grown accustomed to, I still like shrimp the best. It's so versatile! For this recipe I've taken shrimp and given it some Asian flavors. And when I think Asian, I think Pandas! So naturally I named this dish for the Pandaren Monk. Possibly the most cutest game pet ever. And a pretty good cartoon too!


This meal is another easy and fast one because I use Oriental-Flavor Ramen noodles then just spruce it up with a few other ingredients to make it more tasty and filling. And you have the option of adding more to it if you want to make it even better or switching out some ingredients if you don't care for them.

Pandaren Noodles

2 Servings | Total Time: 10 min | Apprentice

Mats:
  • 2 pkg Oriental Flavor Ramen Noodles
  • 1/4 lb Snow Peas
  • 1 can Sliced or Chopped Water Chestnuts
  • 1/2 lb Shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails off
Craft: Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add noodles, flavor packets, and water chestnuts. Boil for 3 minutes or until noodles start to become tender. Reduce heat to medium then add shrimp and snow peas. Cook for 3-5 more minutes or until the noodles are completely done and the shrimp is cooked through.

Strategies: If you're in a hurry you can buy pre-cooked shrimp and add it at the very end of the cook time. Make sure it's heated through then serve. You can also add diced cabbage to this recipe when you add the snow peas and garnish the whole thing with chopped peanuts for more protein and crunch!

LFM: Good with flaky biscuits or croissants and pears.

Cost:
  • Oriental Flavor Ramen Noodles $0.30
  • Snow Peas $1.50
  • Sliced Water Chestnuts $1.50
  • Shrimp $3.00
Total Cost: $6.30
Cost Per Serving: $3.15

Category: Raid Night, Troll Fuel

2 comments:

  1. Great recipe! Thanks for following.
    I'm following you back.
    Mika (www.mikaspantry.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete