Sunday, February 20, 2011

Murloc Soup

Murlocs are the dread terror of WoW. Nothing strikes fear into the heart of a newbie, or even a veteran WoW player like the MMRRGGRRLLRRGGLL! First off, you can never pull just one, they always come in packs, no matter how hard you try. And if by some miracle you do pull just one, you will inevitably be ambushed by a pat of two or more. Needless to say, when I am given a quest to go kill some murlocs, or to obtain something from them, I cower in fear, log on my husband's account and play two computers at once in an effort to avoid the graveyard and the repair bills associated with it.

Now once I have completed my task and I am up to my elbows in Murloc entrails, it is time to prepare a victory feast! Murlocs 3 - Leetah 25!! Tonight, MURLOC SOUP!



Murloc Soup
6 Servings | Total Time: 20 Minutes | Apprentice

Mats:
  • 1 lb Ground Beef
  • 1 can Corn
  • 1 can Diced Tomatoes
  • 3 cans Beans (Black, Kidney, and Great Northern pictured)
  • 1 pkg Taco Seasoning

Craft: Open corn, tomatoes and beans, do NOT drain them, and mix them together in a large pot. Add taco seasoning and mix well. Place on stove on medium high heat. In a skillet, cook ground beef until fully browned. By the time the beef is done, your soup should be heated thoroughly. Add beef to the soup.

Strategies: You can use whatever kind of beans you prefer. I always use three different varieties to give the soup some color. However, if you only like one kind of bean, then just use that kind! You can easily add portions to this recipe without doubling it, just add another can of beans. Additionally, if you want to make this a little healthier, rinse off your beans and add 2 cups of beef broth in the place of the juices.

LFM: Serve with some cheese on top and a side of tortilla chips for optimal goodness.

Cost:
  • Ground Beef $2.49
  • Corn $0.57
  • Diced Tomatoes $0.68
  • Beans $0.65 x3
  • Taco Seasoning $1.29
Total Cost: $6.98
Cost Per Serving: $1.16

Categories: Raid Night, Critical Hits

3 comments:

  1. I never thought about using Taco Mix, but why not? Sounds really good and I am still loving your prices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this. It is sooooo delicious! I will be making it hence forth. ;)

    ReplyDelete