Thursday, March 10, 2011

Stoned-Nekkid Curry

So I have this wonderful friend, Elisa who has her own blog about all the crazy things that have happened in her life. Well, she feeds me and my kiddos all the time. We go over to her house to hang out and let the kids play and I end up staying there all day. So she nearly always ends up cooking for us, which I have to admit, I love. Her food is very tasty and it gets me away from the usual dishes I prepare and gives me a taste of something new.


I grew up on Mexican food and Italian food, so when she asked me if I liked Curry, I was a little hesitant. I would never turn down her cooking so I nodded my head vigorously, though I'm sure the smile that accompanied it was a little off center. I let her know that I had absolutely no experience in cooking curry or any other dish that wasn't from my native California. She gladly walked me through it and told me how amazed she was that she had never cooked this for me before. It is one of her favorite dishes and it is so easy to make that she even made her husband a little sick of it.

When the food was done, I was amazed. It was really tasty and I just loved it! I asked her if I could take a picture of it and post the recipe here on the blog and she of course said "Sure!"

Now for the fun part. I have to come up with a name and a story for this new recipe. I go to Google and type in "Curry World of Warcraft" and was a little shocked and extremely amused by what I found. Every single hit on the first page had an article heading that was something like this "Adrianne Curry Plays World of Warcraft Stoned and Nekkid." This was too good to pass up. Apparently Adrianne Curry, who was the first winner of America's Next Top Model, made a twitter post in December 2009. It read, "jumping into shower. going to spend my afternoon playing World Of Warcraft, butt naked and stoned. Perfect Sunday!" Naturally, as any good super model would do, she even posted a pic, just to prove to all those drooling WoW addicts that she really does what she tweets.

This picture has been cropped slightly to adjust the appropriateness of posting this picture on our blog.


So, my dear friend Elisa, please don't be upset that I named your wonderful curry after this spicy, stoned and nekkid supermodel. Much love!



Stoned-Nekkid Curry

8 Servings | Total Time: 35 Minutes | Journeyman

Mats:
  • 1 lb Chicken breast, cut up
  • 1 large Onion
  • 4 stalks Celery
  • 4 Green Onion
  • 1 Bell Pepper (your choice)
  • 1 (12oz) package Stir Fry Veggies
  • 1 package Curry Mix
Craft: Put chicken in large skillet and cook for 7 minutes. While chicken is cooking, cut up onion, celery, green onion, and bell pepper. Add all veggies (including the packaged ones) into the skillet with the chicken. Add curry mix according to package directions. Cook on medium heat until veggies are soft and chicken is fully cooked. 

Strategies: There are many different levels of spiciness that the curry mix comes in, make sure you grab one that will suite your taste buds. 

LFM: There are some great easy rice mixes out there in lots of flavors that compliment this dish wonderfully.

Cost:
  • Chicken Breast $3.50
  • Onion $0.54
  • Celery $1.05
  • Green Onion $1.25
  • Bell Pepper $0.99
  • Stir Fry Veggies $1.89
  • Curry Mix $4.36
Total Cost: $13.58
Cost Per Serving: $1.70

Categories:  Casual

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post - YUMMO!
    Glad I found your blog!
    Following you from Bloggy Moms.
    You can find me over at:
    http://rominagarciamartyrhood.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete